Friday, June 11, 2010

My Super Hokkien Mee behind Penang Plaza

With the courtesy and permission rights for the pictures from Mabel that I stole from her facebook album, I hope I'll be able to tell you what happened a weeks ago.

WE FINALLY HAD SUPER HOKKIEN MEE!!

I wrote a post on the hokkien mee that I wasn't destined to have it that time because I couldn't wait for an hour.

But guess what....

Nevermind that the stock market is crashing down all over the world



or

the possibility that South Korea could be at war with North Korea over their sunken ship



or

even with most of us Malaysians suffering deep in silence from the eventual increase of prices of EVERYTHING that will eventually make dating much more expensive in the next few years (start dating now)



The Hokkien Mee Seller told me that I had to wait for ONE HOUR still before I could get my bowl of Hokkien Mee. This is simply because they are producing packets after packets of hokkien mee for customers that are not even there. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of e-order system through their own personal website! 

There's somebody just CRAZY for this Hokkien Mee in Penang!

In most times, I would just forget about it and have something else that would provide me a meal in ONE MINUTE. Eat and get the hell out of there. 

However, Mabel couldn't resist the temptation of tasting this Hokkien Mee. I could only imagine all the torture that she went through just for this amazing breakfast that she will remember for the rest of her life.

She travelled from one end of the island to the other just for this Hokkien Mee. If that wasn't tough enough for her, she had to break her beauty sleep which is never a good thing. Not only that, she braced the hot weather which she dislikes the most.



All this torture and you'd wanna let the WOMAN not have her hokkien mee?? Only a dead man, A DEAD MAN, would even think of suggesting something else.

So, without having to think, the decision was wait for an hour, have two cups of Barli Peng, add more coins to car park or risk having a SAMAN, and enjoy a plate of Chee Cheong Fann.

Before you know it, the dish arrive just like this.


 Now some of you may probably wanna know...Was it GOOD??

Well people, for me it was definitely one of the better Hokkien Mee that i've tasted, won't say its SUPER but if there was anything that showed it was good, it was Mabel's Smile.


"IT'S SUPERRRR!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.