Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hijacked.

"You know, R, I sense that I'll be entering a season of suffering soon. Things aren't going to be easy. I'm just girding myself for it. It's going to be painful. But then again, that's how we grow right? Through suffering."

I receive a disbelieving look from R. I continue, "Oh come on, surely there is beauty in pain."

This time, her disbelieving look actually bores through my eyes like little laser beams. I go on.

"I mean, like, suffering pain and emerging beautiful and strong. Surely you believe in that, right?"

"Oh you mean like, as in, SHOES."


Silence.


YES. I STILL LOVE YOU FOR RUINING MY POETIC MOMENT.


*As of tomorrow, Wai Jia will officially be a final year medical student. To suffering, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.