Sunday, April 25, 2010

In You, I rest.

Perhaps it's just as well that I've fallen ill today, so I can truly, truly rest.

I'm just really thankful for this season of rest, where I can slow down to smell the flowers, meet people, smell the rain, spend more time with my books instead of constantly running around, running around... At church yesterday, Uncle S stopped me to ask the same question he always asks, "So when are you slowing down? Mr. Right arrived yet?"

To which I replied, "Yes, I got injured, slowing down. Smelling the roses. But still busy, too busy. And er, well, I'm an unopened rose! Not time yet. Just resting, learning how to rest."

Nausea. Bloatedness. Giddiness. Maybe it's God's kind way of helping me REST.

And the feeling like only a neverending sleep on the bough of a big tree will suffice.

O God, come quickly.


This is what the LORD says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
Ask for the ancient paths,
Ask where the good way is,
and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls.
-Jeremiah 6:16a

Confession:

This picture was taken by Xi. Just in case you thought it was a serene shot elegantly taken, let me just say how terribly difficult it was to climb up that slippery, sinewy bough in a white dress! By the time I got up, my dress was partly brown, and only the most gingerly cat would have been able to balance comfortably on that tree. Xi and I both tumbled in an unglamorous mess of brown, slimy leaves when he tried to help me as I jumped from the branch.

So much for elegance, huh.

Maybe that's why photography details are best left as secrets. Moral: Looks are deceiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.