Wednesday, April 7, 2010

By Grace.

I have been incredibly touched by the outpouring of love, prayer and encouragement unto me during these 3 days where I was cooped up at home nursing a torn muscle. The flood of text messages, emails and notes of prayer and well-wishes have lifted and strengthened my spirit. Today was a day of many tears, as I was wrecked by what I discovered about myself in quiet retrospection- how in so many ways and in many aspects of my life, I had misappropriated God's provision, love, favor to me.

Just like how I tore my gracilis muscle, I had misappropriated God's grace to me.

I was wrecked today, in a good way, as I saw how I had failed to be a good steward of many things in my life.

I just want to thank those of you who offered to drop by my place just to say hello, J who actually did with flowers and all, and of course, those of you who prayed with me, who gave me company and love and encouragement.

Thank you for all your messages, they brought a smile to my face as I struggled to find God's purpose in this all. These are just some that I'd like to remember:

"Everything works for good to those who love God and are called, according to His purpose. I'm very sure His purpose in your life is getting clearer and more defined.

Wai Jia, you will finish the race, this is for God's testimony, and for those who believed in you and supported you in this sport. But a new chapter shall be opened in your life for greater things. Only when you're out of your comfort zone, does faith come into action and take effect. And you'll begin on a journey of pleasing God and not people. My family will pray for your healing. Do come by church tonight. :-)

You take care, and ask God for provision as well.

Remember what I told you about P.E.A.C.E? PEACE will help you to know you're in the will of God.

Providence,
Enemies (or challenges, which will knock at your door),
Authority (who will help you respond to your encounters wisely)
Confidence (a holy boldness, to go forth and put faith into action,
Ease (you'll have the final breakthrough and be at ease)

Until, you reach this stage of at ease, you have a lot to pray about the will of God."


" ask God to make your unwilling heart willing when you struggle...its difficult..its really tough..I did that a couple of times, but I really learnt that when we HONOUR God with ALL our heart...He will ALWAYS HONOUR us.. :)"

"Hi Wai Jia, I just read your writing. You write so beautifully, there is so much depth and wisdom in you, that God has to intervene sometimes because you have the wherewithal within you to literally run ahead with your brilliance. :) Thank God that He stepped in to slow you down and make you think and meditate and consider. You have learned well and quickly, so now I shall join you to ask Him to fulfill the desires of your heart for this race- even though every motherly instinct within me wants you to rest this one out and wait for the next one.... :) "

And the one that made me laugh the hardest must have been the message from Fungus, the handcyclist:

"Hey doc, how's your ass? If you do go for the race, remember to have fun BUTT fight hard!"

My gracilis muscle is not completely healed yet, but something tells me, I'll be well enough soon, in time for Saturday's race, and soon be riding on Faith again.

Thank you for your prayers and love.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith,
and that not of yourselves,
it is the gift of God,
not or works,
lest anyone should boast..."
- Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.