Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lover and Best Friend.

They say it's part of Growing Up. Perfectly normal and acceptable to feel this way. And sometimes, even I surprise myself, with that familiarly deep and viscerally human desire for companionship.


Maybe it's in the icy loneliness where God's crucible is found, in the shape of an igloo. And as we wait in fervent desperation, He pushes us into a deeper intimacy with Him. I know You've brought me to this place, so I can find no one else but You to fill that longing within. So many times, I feel the warmth of Your hug as I press my teary face into Your broad shoulders.

But what relief and joy it brings, to know God has a purpose even in the Wait, however interminably long and excruciating it seems. What relief to know He has a Best Plan planned for us, even if we can't see it at present.

And even now, even when that inside hole seems to gnaw with grating persistence, determined to wear our wills down to settle for second-best, even when we wished things weren't what they are and we were with somebody, even in our times of heartbreaking weakness when we fail to trust God for His good timing, what joy it brings to know...


... that we're never alone- but He is always, always with us.







Thank you God.




"It's all right
God's by my side
And He'll take good care of me
It's all right
He's on my side
And He knows my every need."

-It's All Right

lyrics by Melissa Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.