Thursday, April 24, 2008

Clouds, white.

Every time I miss someone, I don't quite know what to do.

Some times, I write a letter in a bottle and throw it out to sea. Some times, I recite a prayer into a white dove's ear. And some times, I even blow a tune into a dandelion head, and hope the dandelion snowflakes float to a land nearer to you, and burst into new fields of white blooms.

But most times, I do what I know best- send out a rainbow cloud and fly it in the sky, way up high. So no matter how far the other is, one will always be able to see it. We're under the same sky God made, aren't we?

So many people walk in and out of our lives, staying only for a brief season. So many things keep happening to bring some apart, and others closer together. We dance along the coastline, never knowing when the next wave will crash in, forever dancing on our tippy-toes and screaming, sometimes in delight but other times in exasperation, at the regular irregularity of the shoreline ebbs and flows.

So every time I miss someone, I just send out a rainbow cloud, high up into the sky, so you, whoever you are, can see it too, on the other side.

Is that why clouds are White? Because White is the colour you get when all the colours of the rainbow are mixed together? After all, a beam of white light shone through a prism does split into the seven colours of the rainbow, which when combined again through another prism, gives you the same White light again.

Clouds, White.

Was that also why, it was such a cloudy day today, when I looked out of the window?

From where you are, do you see them, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.