Monday, September 10, 2007

Train Ride

Once
I dreamt
I was on a
Train. You were with
Me. As the train sped
off, Light into Darkness,
we
talked as
the World sank into
Nothingness. I didn't even notice.

Station after station, We
talked, just a
metal pole between Us,
cold, and
Us, just holding onto it and onto
Each Other.

Station after station, We
talked, our hands on a
metal pole, and
entwined into
Each Other.
Warm.

Our lives sealed on an
empty carriage, and
Our hands consecrated on a
metal pole, cold,
speeding into eternity
Together.

People filing in and out, watching Us.
Just.

And at that fateful station, the
Train stopped and
You stepped
Out,
leaving Me,
behind.

Which station it was, I don't even know.
My fingers caressed a naked metal pole.

What happened?

Me and an empty carriage,
alone.
Me and a metal pole,
Cold.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.