Friday, July 17, 2009

Postcard from heaven.

Last Sunday in my White Place, right in the middle of us singing, a lady walked right next to me and put her arm around me. We were singing about God's faithfulness, when she walked from a few rows behind me to where I was sitting and hugged me, saying, "I'm leaving for overseas tomorrow- I just want to pray for you: Remember, that no matter what you're in the midst of, God will be absolutely faithful to see you through. Be neither dismayed nor discouraged, because He loves you so much."

I hadn't realised just how much that that prayer would mean to me. After considering all the new commitments that are going to start in the next few weeks ahead, I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I was for that message, that simple postcard from heaven. The past few weeks have been, on a human level, crazy. Sometimes it's tiring, but I know it'll only get tougher in the weeks ahead. I will have to learn about prioritizing- it won't be easy I know-I'm already suffering withdrawal symptoms from missing my regular cycling buddies on Saturdays because of bible study training- riding alone just doesn't give me my fix, but God has to come first, and the challenge lies in not whining about it. I know the days ahead will be a test of my stamina and strength. There will come a point where there will be real pain to bear.

But because God's given me the peace about each of these tasks, I know He'll see me through. I don't know how, but He just will.

Calendar:

  1. Obstetrics and Gynaecology module and examinations (This is our heaviest module ever-our days will begin at 7.30am with a graded test on a daily basis from Monday onwards. But... studying O&G is my great pleasure indeed.)


  2. Flute Grade 1 examination (in 2 weeks time- my delight )


  3. Osim mini-triathlon (a day after my flute exam- my adventure!)


  4. Teaching my group of 7 to 8 year-olds at Sunday School (my joy)


  5. Bible study leading at varsity (my privilege)


  6. Attending bible study leader training sessions (my stimulation)


  7. Writing for my church's new missions website launching soon (my fingers crossed!)


  8. Helping Joyriders lead their new-newbies cycling group/ training with handcyclists (my thrill and indulgence)


  9. Attending my coach's swim/run/torture sessions (my pain... ah pain.)

  10. Chapel sharing about Kitesong to delinquent girls at Andrew & Grace Home for 20 minutes (my bliss)


  11. Sharing at the fundraising dinner organised by Methodist Missions Church and helping to promote the Kitesong DVD/ gathering with the missionaries from Nepal (my gratification)


  12. Attending a wedding (my fascination)


  13. Having a 23-hour work shift from 8am till 7am the next day at hospital (speechless for this one, yes)


  14. Mission trip to Sri Lanka- still pending (my prayer)


"He loves you so much, Wai Jia. Remember, God is and will be faithful indeed."



Thank God for postcards from heaven.



"But as surely as God is faithful...


... in Him it has always been 'Yes.'


For no matter how many promises God has made,


they are 'Yes' in Christ.


And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God."


- 2 Cor 1 :18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.