Friday, November 2, 2007

Learning what it means.

It struck me some time ago, and ever so often it returns to agonise and torment me- that I am too proud, in too many ways.

I realise I had lied, because there were 2 more trophies in my new house. I must have brought them over from the old house after all.

One looked like a glass vase, while the other was a plastic plaque, the one that had the most significance to me. Perhaps that was why I brought them over from the old house, after throwing the rest away.

I am too proud, in too many ways. It is a long-suffering struggle- to be confident, humble, and level-headed enough to maintain your poise without losing your balance and falling into the pit of pride and arrogance. I am too proud. It was an ugly feeling.

Yesterday, in the evening, I looked at the both of them very carefully, and pondered over their significance. Then I walked to the kitchen and threw the both of them down the chute.

There was a lot of noise as they clanged and banged their way down. I didn't stay to hear the final landing but I believe they were smashed to bits.

Bite-sized bits.

Some things have to be done.



" Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where theives do not steal.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.