Monday, August 3, 2009

First Try. *photos added

And not forgetting
my parents,

-for sponsoring all my sporting gear and
for supporting me in all my strange and varied interests
with sometimes more excitement than I,
and for keeping me in check.

This race would never have been possible
if it weren't for what you've blessed me with
so generously, as always,
and if it weren't for your amazing trust to let me pursue
where my heart takes me
be it going to another developing country
or taking up another crazy hobby,
even if it involves giving you another heart attack ;)

It's really cool to know that
you two can sometimes be more excited about what I do than I am.

And I just want you to know,
that the race medal is yours too.

Just sharing that moment with you
And seeing that smile on your faces
was Bliss.

And thank you God,
for my 2 arms, 2 feet of clay and a
healthy mind & body,

(which I now understand and realise not everyone has,
so I no longer take life for granted).
Thank You for placing Fungus in my life.

I can't believe You taught me
how to cycle on 2 wheels only last October,
how to swim freestyle in the sea only in June,
and how to revel in the gift of having a healthy vessel

and honouring it to honour You.

Just 2 years ago, I was so ill.

The medal means much to me only because
it reminds me of so many angels
You placed in my path,
without which,

I would never have started nor completed the race.

I never believed
I could do something like this-
I am naturally scared, anxious and once upon a time was overweight.
And I thought You wanted me to give this whole pursuit up.
But little did I realise that:
When we show you how little these things mean to us
in comparison to You,
You turn around to show us
How much we mean to You.
Michael came to church with me after the race for Saturday service.
He saw that I couldn't stop crying,
Because I was so grateful
to You.
I learnt,
that nothing is inherently good or evil,
But our attitude towards it makes it so.

Sports,
or anything else for that matter,
-working, studying, painting, eating, birdwatching, dancing-
can be holy and pleasing to You
as long as we remember

that it is a gift from You.
Michael came in First in his race catergory on Sunday,
completing a full Olympic distance
after he had already done a sprint distance on Saturday.
He was so thankful to You for His strength.
Michael says,
that You are pleased when I swim, cycle and run
in gratitude to You.
Even if it is a little race, like the mini one I did.

And so I cried,
Because for the first time,
I felt Your pleasure.

And that kept me going through the race,
keeps me going still,

Even as I'm On the Road.

This race was one of blood, sweat and tears,

literally.
Truly, I cannot ask for more.

2 of my cycling buddies by me, and our medals


Tired.

Thank you to those of you who've shared in my joy in my journey,
and who have encouraged me in one way or another.


Thank you God.


" I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."


- 2 Timothy 4:7

*photos courtesy of Ernest, Danielle and KL

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.