Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pleasant Surprise.

Dear Ms Tan,

I had the fortunate opportunity of stumbling onto your blog while looking up a certain Hideo Asano on google. It was a strange coincidence, because I've also actually had the opportunity to read your book a while back and so I thought I would convey my gratitude for such a fine read. Kitesong was a delightful and very inspiring book, and it fell into my hands at a difficult period in my life, reading it helped me to hold on to my dreams and persevere. Thank you very much... (:

... Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I somehow managed to misplace my copy of your book at home. So, I was wondering if it is still possible to purchase another copy from somewhere?

Many Thanks and God Bless,

D Y



Dear D,

Thank you very much for your encouragement. It was really a pleasant surprise to find your note in my mailbox- and I'm always amazed how hearts and spirits are connected through this mind-blowing discovery called the Internet :) I'm also quite amazed as you must be at least the third stranger who has left a note here regarding this homeless, child-like man, Hideo.

The Kitesong books have almost run out but the VCD version of the online book will be launched soon in November to raise more funds for the children in Nepal. A copy will go for $20. Would you be able to wait till then? I'll be posting up details as the date nears- I hope that's all right :) Alternatively, I think there're still a number of copies of the hard-copy book at MMS
- for every $100-dollar cheque written in and indicated for Kitesong for the children of Nepal, a copy of the book will be mailed to you. Do include your particulars :)

Thank you for your encouragement and for dropping a note. It's God who's changed my life and perspective, and who's made Things happen the way they have. :)

With thanks and gratitude,
Wai Jia

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.