Saturday, March 5, 2011

More than enough.

Final exams start in 2 days.

You might be wondering why I am still writing, why it seems like my life is still moving along as normal, why I don't seem stressed about it. I don't want to sound over-confident, but over the past 5 years, the storms in life have taught me that consistency, a genuine love for the subject, and more importantly, trust in God, can bring one through the tallest of obstacles. Even when I was very ill, God brought me through every exam, so I'm determined not to freak out, but simply, to enjoy this very memeorable milestone in my life.

To my juniors, just remember, that you'll be taking exams all your life, even after graduation, so take them in your stride. Life, goes on.


*Wai Jia wants to thank all of you for your generous red packets given to her over her birthday. (A red packet is a monetary gift given by Chinese people over Chinese New Year as a form of blessing to the recipient).

Including the belated gift yesterday, she has received $2050 this year, and has decided to put them aside for various causes.

She knows some of you might be exasperated why she didn't keep your money for herself, but by giving her the opportunity and means to give, this also gives her more room to spend her own allowance/pay on herself, so it all works out. This year, she knows God is teaching her about Self-care and loving herself, a lesson she has never learnt to her own detriment, so as hard as it is, she promises to try and take good care of herself before others.

She is especially thankful for a lump donation of a thousand dollars by a friend of the same age, who gave out of his generosity, even though he hasn't even started working yet. He simply said, "Yea, take it. Just let me know what you do with it. Anything you like!"

"Wow, haha. Thanks for trusting me with it. What if I take them and buy a new wheelset for my bike, haha?" she said cheekily.

"No problem! Haha, but seriously, I know God will tell you what to do with it. No worries!"


And just so I remember the commitment I made to myself on my birthday:

$2050 received:

- $400: Grandpa Zhou's medical fees for a year. (It works out to be about this sum.)

- $400: Alisha's medical fees for followup for her hearing implant. She will need to fly to Singapore once more this year. Each flight unfortunately costs about $2000. Thereafter, she will return once a year for followup and therapy. She also needs to buy insurance for the very expensive cochlear implant.

- $400: For Africa, when I fly to Iris Ministries in Mozambique right after my final exams.

- $400: Either for Nepal or Smokey Mountain.

- $450: For another cause I stumble upon this year :) :)


This is my commitment for 2011.

Thank you all for your generosity and trust. Your love will go a long way to touching the lives of people around us.

To be honest, I was worried that this year was going to be a year of deficit. Thank you for showing me that God is always enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.