Monday, March 7, 2011

Bachelor of Surgery and Medicine: 8-27 March.

As a child, Examinations were like huge monsters to me, or formidable towers. Legend had it that they would ruin you if you couldn't fight them. In medical school, they became more frequent and a routine part of our lives, but their reputation for making grown men weep stayed.

It's funny. I really ought to be worried that tomorrow, the onslaught will begin.

But I'm not.

If God has brought me through so many examinations, even through my illness 3 years ago where I was certain I would fail, He will certainly bring me through this time. Since recovery, I have gone into every exam with the mindset of having already passed the test, and simply going there to do my part, so God can do His.

It's funny- as I started to release more control and surrendered more of myself to Him, and trusted that He would bring me through, I started to fare far better in school than I ever did before. I rely on His strength, not mine, and the stress of the examinations dissolves away.

So here goes: 3 surgical papers and 1 series of practical exams this week, 3 medical papers next week, and another 3 practical hands-on exams the following week.

A friend encouraged me, in the midst of another Crazy piece of news falling upon me today and giving me a heart attack (this is a Story with a Capital S, for another day): "Focus on getting pass the exam...it's just like triathlon....just one step at a time..first the swim...then the bike...then the run.... ;O)"

Three weeks. Swim, bike, run. One week at a time.

When God is in control, we have nothing to fear.

So here goes, let the fun begin! :)


"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
-Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.