Friday, December 31, 2010

Fireworks.

To all my readers, thank you for making 2010 special for me. Whether it was a note, an email, lots of emails (haha), or face-to-face "Are you Wai Jia? I read your blog", you have been a part of my life.

On this brand new day of 2011, I just want to thank you for walking with me and say:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

You have never been, and never will be.


And I just wanted to record down the beautiful things you've shared with me that have kept me going as well:

Just wanted to let you know how time and again the things you've penned in your blog has brought hope and encouragement to my sometimes weary, disillusioned, bitter heart haha...

But reading your entry on snowflakes was yet another timely reminder that our circumstances do not give us an excuse to be upset and stubborn and then try to hold out on God! And that it is all right, whenever our plans don't turn out just the way we want them to, as long as it is guided by God. And that, it is fine and life in a new year can still be purposefully & meaningfully entered into without a detailed TO DO LIST. hahaha.

So thank you, for sharing your thoughts, your struggles, your triumphs and falls. For it is thru honest sharing like yours, that I am reminded God is truly at work in this world. And it is thru lives like yours, that I see how much more potential we have, to lead each day of our lives meaningfully & purposefully. Thanks for letting God mould and use you for His work & glory!

Keep falling like a snowflake, my dear. Fall into His arms :)

I also want to thank you R, and C, for your regular emails and encouragement about my fears and the season of life I am going through.

I feel I have changed. The girl who wrote Kitesong is different from the girl who wrote A Taste of Rainbow. This girl is not a girl anymore. She is not as insecure, not as uncertain, not as needy of approval. 2010 has made me hardier, more focused, more daring, but it has also made me, in some ways, colder, more grown-up.


The girl who wrote A Taste of Rainbow is also not the same girl as I am now.


Perhaps, 2010 may have frozen some bits of us, but today, we can make the choice to say, that whatever we've been through was not for naught.


We can make the choice to say:


Today, I believe in faith and favour,
grace and gratitude,
hope and healing.
I believe in dreams and daring,
princes and possibilities,
faith and fireworks.
Go into 2011 believing that you'll find a part of yourself that is
startling and beautiful and warm.
There's a firework somewhere hidden in you,
waiting to be sparked.



Watch this- I really like this video except for the gay kiss :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.