Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sharing Bread.

Today, I received a postcard from heaven that put a smile on my face.

The world is so small- This army boy, D, whom I never knew wrote to me a few months ago, saying he would like to give me a hundred dollars for Grandpa Zhou's medical expenses after reading about him on this space. He shared with me that he had found this space because he, too, had met this homeless Japanese wanderer, Hideo Asano, at Bugis in Singapore and, after googling him, found a link here where I had written about him. Later, he realised that one of my professors had given him a copy of Kitesong written by a girl close to his age 2 years ago and... that same girl was me.

A shrinking world we live in, indeed.

Today, a day before my final exams for my fourth year of medical school, he writes to me and brings a huge smile on my face. I was just feeling a little disappointed about not being able to pay upfront the full annual sponsorship fee of this little African boy I have been sponsoring but had to do so in instalments instead this time, when this letter came into my mailbox. I'm praying things will work out beautifully.

God always provides bread for His children.


Dear Wai Jia,

All the best for your finals! I'm sure God's blessings and grace will be with you!

I was just wondering about how Grandpa Zhou (Zhou Ye Ye) is doing.. I have some good news with regarding his medical expenses. I wonder if you've heard of the Society of St. Vincent De Paul? They are an organisation dedicated to tackling poverty by providing direct practical assistance to anyone in need. Basically, they give out allowances to those most in need to pay for their living/health expenses.

My friend is a member of the society and I told him about Zhou Ye Ye. He thinks that Zhou Ye Ye probably fits the criteria to receive the bursary. So I was wondering if you and Zhou Ye Ye would be keen on trying this out? It would take a lot of strain off your finances.


If the two of you are interested, do let me know and I will put you in touch with the Society. (: Have a good trip in Kalimantan! I will be praying for your safety (:


God bless,
D



I'm so glad our paths crossed, D.

Thank you for being such a blessing,

and for sharing your bread with the hungry.
In doing so,
you have fed me,
with joy and faith, too.



I was young and now I am old,

yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

-Psalm 37:25


"For.... you sent me aid again and again when I was in need.

Not that I am looking for a gift, but...

... I have received full payment and even more;

I am amply supplied, now that I have received... the gifts you sent.

They are a fragrant offering... pleasing to God.

And God will meet

all your needs according to his glorious riches..."


- Phil 4:14-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.