Sunday, November 15, 2009

Anti-Climax

It was at the fundraising dinner where I bumped into a doctor whom I hadn't met in a while. She often calls just to check in on how I'm doing, and guides me along medical school.

" Wai Jia, it's so good to see you! How're you doing?"

"I'm really enjoying myself, Dr. S- I think I've found the second love of my life!"

At this point, she, a mother of 4 children, starts to squeal in excitement and I do too- partly because we're so excited to see each other after such a long time. She knows my first love is O&G (Obstetrics and Gynaecology).

So there we are, squealing, and I am noticing she's even more excited than me, she grabs my hands, with her eyes lit up and a big smile beaming across her face, and then I think she can no longer contain her excitement and she bursts out saying, "Who?! Who?! Who's this?! Wow!"

A cloud of confusion settles over me, before I suddenly realise we're on completely different pages. I settle down, with my hands still grasped in hers, and say,

"Opthalmology."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.