Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Into 2009: Resurrection

This year, I learnt:

- That life is learning how to fly a kite. That holding on to what's important might mean having to let go before something snaps. That letting go is necessary to catch the wind and glide with God, that it is all about the tension in the tugs, between grip and release, pull and relax, that keeps us afloat, helps us to soar in the skies.

- That life is learning how to ride a bike- For all its scrapes and bruises, it's ultimately worth it. ( A forest-gump moment is always worth it.)

- That depression is an illness, and treatable. That things may get so hard that giving up seems easier. That recovering means overcoming our fears all the time. But that as we hold on in faith, in trust, to the kitestring in the storm, God does His part, too, and changes the wind. That God understands, sees us through, and most importantly, delivers His promises.

- That even when you lose hope, God never does. That Rainbows really are made by Him.

- That God has His timing. And I understand now why A Taste of Rainbow, a story of hope and healing, couldn't get published then. I still pray it does someday, in His good time.

- That at some point, everybody must decide once and for all if God is real. That for me, God is.

- That looking back, I needn't be afraid, for God proved He protects those who love Him. That because I was faithful to what I believed He had told me about Waiting, because I allowed no other to capture my heart this season because He said so, I was protected. That He loves me too much to let anyone hurt me in a Bad way. That when I finally forgave and needed no apology, an apology came in through the mail.

("Eventually when your Knight in shining armour arrives, he'll come at the behest of the King, and when he's finally unmasked, he'll be like Galahad, the pure and perfect one, the one who sits in the siege perilous, who comes seeking the Holy Grail - you. I've always been more of a Lancelot. I hope we can still be friends.")

- That deeds are deeper than words. That God is preparing me, preparing my heart- for medicine, missions, ministry, marriage and maturity. And because of His grace, I can wait, sit back and enjoy the ride.

- That God is not just my teacher, father and king. But also my best friend, my lover, my buddy.


This year, I am amazed:

- That today, I stand- after the most tumultuous and harrowing year of my life, I stand. Healthy, happy and healed. I think I've found my Centre again.

- That even when anorexia killed me slowly like a poison apple, even as the things of the world, however pretty, became increasingly transient, even when I closed my eyes and tasted death- you made a good thing out of it.

Through my death, you gave me life. Through my fall, you made me stand. And because of that, I can feel a new thing pulsating within me. Tomorrow is possible because of You.



- That through it all, You never let me go.
























Pihotography by OY


Concept, modelling by Wai Jia




"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that,


just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life...


because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. "


-Romans 6:4-9


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.