Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Gifts.

After two years since the book was published, the Kitesong DVD is finally ready and launched.









Thank you for walking this journey with me. The past two years have been intense- fundraising, medical school, depression, anorexia, trusting God and finally, restoration and new life. I have learnt:

- that there was a reason the DVD took two years to arrive- I had not yet been broken, not yet been battered enough to root myself in humility and deep faith, not yet... ready. "Should we not see that our Root is right, before expecting flowers and fruit?" -Amy Carmichael.

- that it was no coincidence I took the same two years to sicken, crumble, die, heal, grow and be restored again.

- that everything has its timing, that we mustn't rush nor tarry, that when we let go and let God, everything falls into place perfectly.

- that as with all things, I can let go and simply, trust.


The Kitesong DVD is being sold at $20 a copy to raise funds for underprivileged children and youth, contributing to their holistic education, equipping them with skills for gainful employment, to help these precious lives reach their full potential. It is a digital animation of the book (like a mini-movie) put together by my publisher, national day composer Sydney Tan and Digitaldreams director Gilbert Yeo. Its reach will expand to touch lives beyond Nepal, in various developing countries all over the world. For reasons of privacy (it isn't linked to this space), I have put public fundraising details for Kitesong here. I hope you like the site.

The timely birth of the DVD also marks my recovery from depression and anorexia and I'd like to thank all of you who have walked me through the darkness. I truly hope you will enjoy the mini-movie, that your loved ones will be blessed by its message in tumultuous times such as these. To my friends, family, Ek and Aunty Af, thank you.

For my friends, I'd be happy to pass them to you personally if any of you would like to purchase them for yourselves, or as Christmas gifts for your loved ones. I'll carry a few copies with me at any time so feel free to let me know :)

Alternatively, you may purchase the DVD at The Methodist Church or call 64784818 for more information. No part of your donation will be used to cover the DVD as they have been fully sponsored, with much gratitude.

Thank you for walking with me, for celebrating restoration and victory with me. Thank you for your love and generosity. Your gift will mean so much to the hopes and dreams of an underprivileged child this Christmas season.



Love and blessings.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.