Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrated Earth Hour already

Note: This is a post for my friends who were with me from the start of Earth Hour till the end two nights ago on 15th March 2009 as they should understand.

While some people will be celebrating Earth Hour in a weeks time (28th March), I on the other hand celebrated it early (which I will share it with you soon).






For those of you who don't know, Earth Hour is for people who believes that one hour of saving electricity would actually save the world from destruction



and hoping that our children will still be able to breathe fresh natural air like normal human beings instead of buying oxygen.



Forget about Water!



Saving water has nothing to do with saving Earth or Earth Hour celebration for that matter! Because Earth will drastically change within that one hour non-usage of electricity. So use water during Earth Hour if you have nothing to do in that one hour of boringness. Maybe hold a songkran festival or something.



Now, celebrating Earth Hour is not really an easy task.

I mean hell, that means no TV.

That means no computer (meaning don't leave it on to download movies through torrents, yeah YOU!!)

And well, most importantly, you should be turning off your lights. That means your surrounding should be totally dark and not even a trace of light should be seen anywhere around you and if you do see somebody's lights on, make sure you smash those lights off for him in the most appealing way.



So basically, Earth Hour is most felt when everywhere is pitch darkness.



There is just so much that could possibly happen within that one hour. Nothing too dangerous.

So two nights ago during the wee hours of the morning, when nobody could see me, I voluntarily decided to celebrate Earth Hour. Celebrating it for the first time, I never knew how dark things became.

I lost contact with my friends who were having drinks in gurney drive by the way.

I could not get to my car.

I could not get to my house.

I did not know somebody called me.

I did not know where I was, so I lied on the floor.

So, things did not seem too good. Celebrating Earth Hour at such a time was not easy. Things became blank to me because I wasn't used to the pitch darkness.

Before I knew it, I woke up the very next day to find that, celebrating Earth Hour for one FREAKING hour really cost me alot.

I lost my glasses. (Had to buy another pair)

I lost one whole working day. (Which means cut in pay)

I had to postpone my driving to KL (Had to drive at night, only to arrive in KL at 2am)

My white shirt is pretty much painted with red color.

Strange smell in my living room.

And last but not least, the Coat that I wore to celebrate Earth Hour was somehow mysteriously switched with another friends one.

So, guys, I dont' know about you, but i'm definitely not going to celebrate Earth Hour next time.

Here's a food for thought though, don't drink too much wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.